We are seeking to recruit an experienced and capable Chief Accountant to be their first key appointment in Cyprus. The successful applicant must be a full member of a professional accounting body (ACCA/ACA/CPA) and have strong IFRS knowledge.
- Responsible for IFRS, including yearly and monthly closing process.
- Prepare reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and guide group audits, communicate with external auditors and group entities.
- Review of and reporting on financial and non-financial information.
- Preparation of Financial statements and Management Accounts.
- Handling and overseeing payroll.
- Provide high quality service to internal and external clients: relevant, accurate and on time.
- Implement and maintain group accounting and reporting standards and ensure IFRS compliant accounting processes.
- Liaise with accounting departments of other group companies in various jurisdictions.
- Responsible for all internal VAT and Tax queries.
- Educated to degree level in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Vast experience of IFRS, Tax, VAT and international auditing standards is a must.
- Ability to apply the standards in practice, including strong technical financial skills in accounting, control and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Greek and English.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with personnel at all organizational levels and contributing to a team, ability to be diplomatic and yet persistent.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Highly reliable, trustworthy and loyal personality.